Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ebenezer Scrooge....

There are so many who have taken on the role of Mr. Scrooge. I indeed have may favorites however, it doesn't seen to matter which one I watch, they all bring a tear to my eye....ok several tears! The Muppets Christmas Carrol is up at the top of my favorites. There is just something about "Christmas Present" that brings such a smile to my face and places joy in my heart. I remember when the kids were all home and still in there teens they use to limit me to how many times I could watch it in a row. I would always sneak in a couple extra when they lost count! 
Sue has requested we fore go the celebrations this year due to Rosie's cancer. Thanksgiving and Christmas have always been my favorite of all Holiday's. It's been terribly difficult for me to see the house so much the same as every other day. I guess my Christmas gift this year will be passing up the celebrations at home. I have spent many hours on line looking at everyone else's decorations trying to plan for next year which seems way to far away. 
The bell is so pretty close up, it is covered with sequins.  I love the pinecone and wooden one's, especially the rocking reindeer!
I will be spending Christmas Eve with the kids this year. Seeing the Grandkids is always a good time. This year Doug will be B-B-Qing 3 different kinds of meat for something a little different. We had the typical Thanksgiving feast so this will be a nice change. I'm going to be making scalloped potatoes and yams with the marshmallows on top! I also picked up a package of brownie mix to make for dessert. There is nothing quite a good as brownie's hot out of the oven! Here are a few more ornaments to take a peak at. I'm hoping to be able to take close pics later. I haven't been feeling well and can't seem to take a pic without shaking the camera and a close up blurry pic is not very pretty to look at. LOL 
Here's the whole bunch. The candle in the back right is a handmade felt and sequins. The two wreaths are also hand made.
The two Santa heads are something I found in a bag of ornaments from  a thrift store. I was so surprised, when I looked them up on line, to discover they were in fact vintage.
The two tall snowman candles in the back are one's I've had since the 70's.  My daughter called me last year after coming across them on line. She was as surprised as I was to discover there vintage status. I also have a few vintage figurines that were handed down from the kid's GreatGrandma Cecile.
                                      A mixture of figurines and candles, Santa's and Snowmen!

No comments:

Post a Comment